It’s no secret that Sarah loves lasagna. Her devotion is almost Garfield-esque. However, I’ve never made lasagna before (unless we’re counting microwaving frozen lasagna). Making lasagna seems pretty straightforward, but still time-consuming, and for me (a non-lasagna-lover), not much fun. Enter: the lasagna cupcake. These are fun to put together and don’t take very long to bake, which is a bonus in the summer. Plus, they are Sarah approved. But don’t take my word for it…
These will change your life. You will think back to your life before lasagna cupcakes, and you will proclaim, “Dear god! How did we survive?” — Sarah
1 cup marinara sauce
3/4 pound ground beef
12 wonton wrappers (we used egg roll wrappers)
8 ounces shredded mozzarella
3 ounces Parmesan cheese
4 ounces Ricotta cheese
(optional) basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Brown beef and season with salt and pepper. Drain.
3. Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes using a biscuit cutter or using the top of a drinking glass. You can cut several at a time. Note: For a more rustic look, no cutting necessary!
4. Reserve 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 6 tablespoon mozzarella for the top of you cupcakes. Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin. Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Top with a little meat and marinara sauce. Use around 1-2 teaspoons of all the ingredients depending on your personal preference.
5. Repeat layers ending with marinara sauce. Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.
7. Garnish with basil and serve.
From Quick Dish